Do you want to create product-related videos, tutorial videos, or lessons and share them on your website? If so, then you need a screen recorder.
Screen Recorders are used to record your computer screen as a video file. This is usually done for educational purposes, but also for capturing game play videos or even recording live streams on sites like Twitch and YouTube.
In this guide we will go over 5 free screen recorders for Windows PC that are worth looking into. We’ll start by going over some of the pros and cons of each one so that you can make an informed decision about which one is best for your needs.
Before Use any Free Screen Recorder on Windows PC:
How to choose best free screen recorder for windows PC
There are many free screen recorders for Windows PC that you can find on the Internet, but not all of them work as they should. There’s a difference between being free and working well at the same time. You need to be very careful when looking for apps like this because there is no point in wasting your precious time if it does not work , and it can be very frustrating.
Which factors should you consider while selecting the best Screen Recorder:
- What are you recording
- What is the purpose of the screen recorder
- Which operating system does your computer have.
- What are the system requirements for running the software.
- Is a video editor included in the package or not.
- Do you want to record audio separately.
- Is it free or paid.
- Are there any limitations (Such as not being able to record Skype conversations)?
- Is there any specific feature I’m looking for in particular (such as webcam overlay)?
5 Best free Screen Recorders for Windows PC:
In this article, we have compiled a list of the ten best free screen recorders for Windows PC.
Free Cam offers complete set of functions for creating, editing and instantly sharing high-quality recordings. The free version features a full range of simple tools that will enable you capture your thoughts fully and quickly without breaking the bank.
Image Source: Free Cam
Free Cam is the best free screen casting software on the market, without a doubt. The intuitive interface allows you to create professional-quality videos with ease and it doesn’t place any watermark or ads in them for your viewers’ sanity!
- You can select a recording area.
- You can record you voice over with microphone.
- Able to record system sounds.
- Able to highlight your mouse.
- No watermark or time limits.
- Directly upload to YouTube.
- Easily delete unwanted video fragments.
- Able to remove background noise.
- Fade-in or Fade-out effects and adjust volume of your audio
- No webcam record feature in free version
- Not able to insert music in free version
- Not able to Insert shape and pictures in free version.
- Transition effects not available in free version.
Organize and edit raw footage quickly. Record live commentary with a microphone or headset, then upload it to your streaming service of choice. With the free OBS software suite, you can stream studio-quality content seamlessly across all major platforms.
Image Source: OBS Studio
OBS Studio is a powerful, professional-grade streaming program that lets you capture the entire screen or just one window and includes webcam functionality. For those of us who want to share our desktop applications with viewers as well as audio sources like your microphone, OBS has got it covered! When creating layered videos for use on webcams while broadcasting live video we’ve found this software helpful.
- Allows for custom backgrounds.
- Lots if resolution settings
- Quick and efficient duplication of slides.
- Ad free and no Watermark
- Hard to use for beginners
iFun Screen Recorder
Using a simple and easy-touche interface, iFun Screen Recorder can help you easily record your PC. It’s nice to know that it has no time limitations or watermark for the recording video; however, it also includes some great features like an inbuilt video editor which allows easy screen recording as well as editing videos with ease! You’ll be able to add effects such as highlighting cursor and adding animation when clicking on mouse.
When searching for the best way of how to capture all activity happening on our computer screens without limits imposed by other programs (such are not limited by length), iFun Screen Recorder is undoubtedly one of the top choices among users. The user friendly interface along with its various functionalities make this software much preferable for all types of users.
– It is free to download and use, however it does have premium features that you can purchase such as annotations on the video with texts or drawings which will in turn accelerate your productions!
- Record videos with your webcam or screen
- Capture microphone audio and game sound simultaneously
- Easy to use interface with minimal setup time
- No watermark on recordings
- iFun Screen Recorder is a free screen recorder for Mac and Windows
- High frame rates for smooth video playback
- Basic build-in Video Editor
Flashback Express is a powerful screen capture software that can record everything you see on your computer, both screens and webcams. It doesn’t set any time limit or add watermarks to the output videos though! If you have multiple monitors this means either recording across all of them at once or limiting it just to one monitor. You could even schedule recordings so they start when something specific happens like launching an app, which frees up more room for other things if necessary.
Flashback Express is perfect for the casual video maker, with a free version that doesn’t offer any of the bells and whistles. You’re limited to recording features only in this one–no editing or effects are included at all. To share your work, you can upload videos directly to YouTube as well as save them out into three different file types: MP4 AVI WMV If you want some more flexibility like adding annotations or customizing playlists then it’s time to upgrade!
- Record your voice on a professional microphone.
- Recording scheduled.
- The cursor should always be highlighted when it is active.
- Publish your videos on YouTube and share them with the world.
- No watermark and no time limit on the project!
- The video output formats are limited to MP4, AVI and WMV.
- No video editing software.
There are many people who have found ActivePresenter by Atomi Systems to be an essential tool for their video production needs. This all-in-one screen recorder and video editor is perfect for those looking to create videos in a wide variety of formats.
With its extremely robust feature set, ActivePresenter has virtually anything one could want out of such software: it can record screens with audio from both the computer’s microphone as well as external sources like speakers; trim clips down into smaller pieces without losing quality or file size; generate captions onscreen while recording so they stay up even if you turn off your mic – among other things!
Image Source: ActivePresenter
ActivePresenter is a powerful presentation software that lets you add captions, animations and more to your slides. It also has the ability to trim, cut or split recordings so that they can be used in different presentations without any functionality limitations when using free features. You don’t need professional editing experience with ActivePresenter as it’s easy enough for anyone!
- Record software simulations with automatic annotations to make them more interactive and engaging.
- The advanced video editing features allow you to produce professional-grade videos that can be shared on social media.
- This video editing software allows people to edit their videos without any experience.
- Record full screen, window, region, webcam.
- Schedule recording not allow.
- With a little work, you can always crop your videos to get the perfect look.
We hope that this list of 5 free screen recorders has been helpful. If not, you can always take a look at our other blog posts for more informative content on how to create product-related videos and tutorials with the help of these tools! Let us know in the comment section what your favorite recording software is or if there are any features we missed mentioning here.